It’s your big day! How do you want to look? Do you want to look like a movie star? Or just slightly enhanced version of yourself?
In general, you’ll need to wear at least a little more makeup than you normally do so you don’t look washed out in your pictures.
Here are a few tips for your perfect wedding day look.
- Practice before the big day! Whether you are doing your own makeup, or hiring a professional makeup artist, make sure you do a makeup test run before your wedding. Wedding makeup is to important to leave until the last minute – and I believe in doing everything you can to ensure a relaxing wedding day.
- As much as possible, use waterproof and long-lasting makeup products. It’s going to be a long, wonderful day full of emotions! (here are some tips for long-lasting makeup) Go for oil-free products to avoid the shiny or greasy look. The exception is your concealer. Most people need to add a product with moisture around their eyes to avoid the cakey dry look. But test test test! (Personally, my eyes don’t react well to oily or moist products around my eyes.)
- Exfoliate your skin and lips a few days before (watch my video on how to exfoliate your lips). You don’t want any flaky skin or peeling lips on the big day! (I exfoliate my skin using St. Ives Apricot Scrub
- If you have redness on your skin or red blemishes, you might consider using a green concealer. Green cancels out red.
- Use a skin-toned concealer on any dark circles around the eyes to lift and brighten.
- Foundation: read my Foundation 101 article. Use an oil free formula that matches your skin tone. You may consider applying some foundation on your neck so they match and make sure you don’t look like you have on a makeup mask.
- Apply powder over your foundation to lock it into place. To avoid looking cakey, use a translucent powder.
- Apply the darkest eyeshadow on the outer corner of the eye, and lighter eye shadows towards the inner corners.
- Blend blend blend! Use good makeup brushes, like my Live Gorgeous Eyes Brush Set to make your eye makeup look flawless and well blended!
- To make your eyeliner last all day, lock it into place with a matching color of eyeshadow.
- To make your mascara last all day long, use my WASHABLE + WATERPROOF mascara trick!
- Lashes: Curl them! If you want your eyes to stand out and look amazing, wear fake lashes. Try a full set of falsies or half falsies (I wore half lashes on my wedding day).
- Fill in your brows, so they don’t disappear!
- Find where your cheek bone begins. That’s where your blush should start, and then blend it back towards your ears.
- To make your lip color last all day, you could wear a lip stain, or try my long lasting lipstick trick
- I really like these wedding day makeup tips by Cosmopolitan.com too.
My tips are helpful for not only for your wedding day, but for any special event or prom makeup!
I have lots more Live Gorgeous makeup looks to come!